Week 44 reflections
#circularwondering is now 44!
Well, 44 weeks.
Forty four weeks ago I committed to publishing, in public, every working day about the role of digital, software and technology in the circular economy.
Here are my reflections on this experiment to date:
- I have successfully written and published something on every single working day. Not weekends and not on holidays. It always feels really good to follow up on a daunting commitment, this is no exception.
- At the start I wrote "Expect typos, incomplete thoughts, varied rambling topics". This could not be more true!
- At 22 weeks I reflected that "..it doesn't feel like magic. No lightening strike of world changing insight...But that might be the point." . This continues to be true. Small, regular practice is helping me learn and better articulate my thinking.
- So far I have embraced the fact that the writing is (to be honest) more for me than the reader.
- However, I am feeling mounting frustration with the disjointed and "bitty" aspects of my current approach.
I have now taken a moment to enjoy this mini-achievement and reflect on the lessons from the last 44 weeks.
Soon, however, it might be time to change things up a little. I'd love to explore getting a little more under the skin of some of these topics, for example. The implies more research and longer writing. However, the major success of daily writing is clearing setting the expectation to "just keep going". I know from experience that I will find it harder to do longer, less regular writing.
So, perhaps I will explore a hybrid approach: daily sessions working towards weekly publishing, for example.
Whatever happens, I am grateful to Philip Morgan  for starting me on this journey - and even more thankful for those of you who have travelled along with me!