Skip to main content

Circular Climate

Sometimes people are surprised when the Circular Economy is mentioned in context of addressing our looming climate change problems.

Here [1] is a basic introduction to the answer.

I picked out these quotes:

"...the transition to renewable energy can only address 55% of emissions; the remaining 45% comes from producing..."

Although the exact percentages depend on complex measurements and so will vary - the key principle is vital.

"Today, the world produces over 2 billion tonnes of solid waste, and that’s expected to grow to 3.4 billion tonnes by 2050..."

The ways and amount we currently consume (esp in the richer countries) is a key underlying cause of climate change. And a regenerative Circular Economy offers a way to rethink that consumption.



About the author

Barry O'Kane

Barry is the founder of HappyPorch. With 20 years in the web development industry as a programmer and agency owner, he has a preternatural ability to decipher the systems and processes code that holds many teams back from achieving their goals. Partners say Barry gets to the root of issues quickly and makes it downright easy to deliver good work.    

While he's unbelievably grounded, it's not uncommon to find him sailing through the trees as he paraglides his way round the world.