for leaders of purpose led businesses
Your organisation is working on one or more of the biggest problems we face today. Problems such as climate change, biodiversity loss, waste/pollution or social inequality.
But, you're feeling blocked, stuck or just unsure.
Something is getting in the way of your mission. You're facing a challenge, issue or opportunity related to your business's software development or product management.
The Momentum Workshop is a way to access expert support to maintain momentum and enable you to stay focused.
Are you asking questions like these?
- There is so much I’d like to do, but where should I focus next?
- The technology I am using doesn’t have a feature I need. What should I do?
- Why do I keep experiencing the same problems with our software?
- I feel like I’m just making it up as I go along.
- I know there must be a better way of doing it.
- I’m frustrated with my developer/agency. They are too slow or just do not understand what I want to achieve.
- Our development process is great in theory, but then falls by the wayside once we are in the thick of things. So we are always fighting fires.
- We're struggling to get from idea to code. There are too many misunderstandings with the developers.
- I’m unable to explain my thoughts and ideas so that the dev team can actually build it.
- Updates or changes to our technology take too long or cost too much.
- How do I find the right technical advisor or co-founder?
- I’m ready to start hiring developers or choosing a development agency, but don’t want to get it wrong!
- I’ve had bad experiences with software developers in the past, how do I avoid the same issues?
- How do I choose the ‘right’ technology for my new product?
Interested? Book a no commitment call to learn more and to see if your organisation and challenge is a fit.
What does it cost?
Suggested payment: £1,250
Pay what you feel
At HappyPorch we care about the same things you do. Our mission is to empower your organisation to ensure you realise the potential for maximum impact.
We will not exclude anyone from the Momentum Workshop purely on budget. So we set a suggested price for the workshop, but you can choose the amount you actually pay.
Yes, really. Pay whatever is fair for you.
Helping you progress the purpose of your organisation is what motivates us. If you feel the workshop has not been useful for you then we will provide a 100% refund, no questions asked (within 15 days).
How does it work?
First, we have a quick call to get to know each other, to see if your organisation and challenge is a fit. Once you’re accepted on the workshop, we kick off at a date/time that we agree between us.
The workshop consists of:
- A short email questionnaire as a tool for you to collect your thoughts and to enable us to hit the ground running
- Two 1 to 1 video calls
- Discovery (90 mins)
- Ideas and co-creating actions (90 mins)
- A few weeks for you to put changes into action
- A final call (60 mins) to review
The workshop will be a sounding board for you, with someone without a "sales" agenda to discuss options in an agnostic way. I do not try to impose a particular tool, service, or approach.
I do not dictate a ‘solution’ (because that wouldn’t be natural for you and thus would not work or not last). I’ll try and identify specific practices/tools that might be useful in your context. The main aim is to identify principles that will help you for the long term.
The "Discovery" call is about gaining understanding - for both of us - me to learn & you to have space step back and really understand and articulate your challenges. This means that on that second call we can identify and co-create potential solutions.
Then there is time for you to experiment and to put ideas and solutions into action. Finally, the review call is to reflect on how it has gone and ensure you have the tools to adapt and apply a lasting improvement.
Who am I?
My name is Barry and I've been doing web, digital and software development since the late 90s. (Although that feels like a confession, it does mean I have a lot of experience to call upon.) After a period learning the trade on projects with household names like channel4.com and Lego, I co founded my first business in 2002.
In 2015 I founded HappyPorch, with a focus on partnering with purpose led businesses to work on issues that really matter. Issues such as climate change, biodiversity loss, waste/pollution or social inequality. At HappyPorch we are particularly interested in the Circular Economy.
I enjoy complex problems, perhaps I can help with yours?
You have a real talent for listening, and a very humble, but confident, way to help people find answers. I really enjoyed that!Nohelia, GoodFind.io
Book a no commitment call to learn more and to see if your organisation and challenge is a fit.